This article will assist you in configuring an Exchange 2013 POP connection in your Outlook 2016 client.
- Upon opening Outlook 2016 for the first time, you will be prompted to configure a new email account through the Auto Account Setup wizard. You can also add a new account to an existing profile by navigating to the Mail applet in your Windows Control Panel, selecting Email Accounts, and clicking the New button.
- Select Manual setup or additional server types and click the Next button.
- Select POP or IMAP and click the Next button.
- Enter your Name and Email address, and fill out the account settings window with the following information:
Account Type: POP
Incoming mail server: na02.msexchangeoutlook.com
Outgoing mail server (SMTP): na02.msexchangeoutlook.com
User Name: Your email address
Password: Your mailbox password
- Click the More Settings button.
- Click the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Under the Outgoing server (SMTP) port settings, select TLS for the Use the following type of encrypted connection option. Enter 587 for the Outgoing server (SMTP) port number.
- Click OK.
- Click the Next button.
- Outlook will automatically test the new account. Once completed, click the Close button.
- Click the Finish button to complete the setup.