The following article illustrates how to connect your Outlook 2013 client to our Microsoft Exchange 2013 service using a IMAP configuration.
1. From within Outlook 2013, select the File tab to switch over to your Account Information Page. Here select Add Account.
2. Under the Email tab, click the New button, and then the Add Account screen should open. from within the Add Account screen, select the "Manual setup or additional server types" radio button and then select Next.
3. The next window asks for you to choose which service to configure. Choose POP or IMAP and then select Next.
4. You will need to fill in the POP and IMAP Account Settings appropriate to our Exchange 2013 service. The following fields will need to be populated.
- Your Name: First, Last
- E-mail Address: full email address
Account Type: IMAP
Incoming mail server: na02.msexchangeoutlook.com
Outgoing mail server: na02.msexchangeoutlook.com
User Name: full email address
Password: your password
Check the box for Remember password. Upon completion select More Settings and click Next.
5. Under more settings Select the Outgoing Server tab and check the box next to "My outgoing server requires authentication". Once done select the Advanced tab,
6. Under the Advanced tab, you will need to set the Incoming ser port to 143 and change the Outbound server (SMTP) port to 587. The encryption type can be set to TLS/SSL or Auto. Once done click OK.
7. Once selecting OK, you will be back at your Add Account page. here select Next to test the Account Information you have placed in. If successful, the client will successfully log into the mailbox and successfully send a text message.
8. Click Finish to close the account creation screen.