When working with account and contact records, you may notice that two or more records appear very similar. For example: Multiple contact records for the same person. This article will show you how to merge two or more records together.
1. Click on Sales, then Contacts.
2. Perform a search for the multiple contacts so they all show up.
3. Holding the shift key down, click on all of the duplicate records. All records will be highlighted.
4. Click the Merge button on the ribbon. The Merge Records dialog box appears.
5. Choose the master record by clicking the button next to the appropriate contact record. You can also select which data fields you want to keep from the child record and transfer it onto the master record.
6. Click OK. The records will then merge.
7. Click OK once the merge is complete.