This article describes how to set up a queue in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 to receive email.
- Email Address for inbound queue
- Business unit already created
- Owner to assign queue to
1. Log into the Control Panel with a user who has administrative privileges.
2. Select Create User on the left hand side.
3. Configure the user with the following settings:
Prinicple Name: EmailRouter@yourdomain.com
Re-type Password: (anything)
Display Name: Email Router
Quick Add MS CRM: On
CRM User Roles: System Administrator & System Customizer
CRM License: Full
4. Select Submit.
Note: you must have the email address you will be using for the inbound queue already created.
1. Log into your CRM site in Internet Explorer with the Email Router user you created. Usually the URL will look something like the following:yourdomaincom.securecrmonline.com
2. In the Navigation pane, Click on Settings, Administration, Users or Settings, Business Management, Queues.
3. Open the User or Queue you want to modify.
4. For Users, Under E-mail Access Configuration, select E-mail Router.
5. For Queues, the following settings will need to be configured. Items may differ from setup to setup and it is assumed you will customize this to your specific needs.
Queue Name: (anything)
Business unit: (depends on your setup)
Email: The email address that will be receiving the messages
Owner: (depends on your setup)
Description: (Optional Field)
Convert to e-mail activities: (depends on your setup)
E-mail access type - Incoming: E-mail router
Email access type - Outgoing: If you will be sending email from this address select E-mail Router, if not select None.
Allow credentials for the E-mail Router: Must be selected as this is a requirement to use the Email Router.
User Name: Email address that will be receiving messages
Password: Password for Email address that will be receiving messages
7. Select Save & Close when finished.
Repeat this process to for any additional queues.
C. Publish Queue
Send the following email to the support team.
I have followed all the steps in the KB article "Using the Email Router to Route Inbound Mail to a Queue in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011." Please publish the Email Router for [Insert email address for Email Router]"