This article illustrates how to configure the Outlook plug-in tool for Microsoft CRM 4.0.
Note: Before starting, please go through this checklist:
1. Back up your data to a .PST file
2. Make sure Business Contact Manager is not installed.
3. Make sure there is no anti-virus software running.
1. Access the Download section. Scroll down to the Microsoft CRM 4.0 folder.
2. A new window will appear. Choose Download.
3. Choose the option to Open.
4. The file will take a few minutes to open.
5. The System Requirements window will prompt with a few errors. This is due to updates. Select Next.
6. Internet Explorer Security will prompt. Select Allow.
7. Double Click on the MSCRM_Outlook folder file.
8. Choose the following file, SetupClient.exe
9. The file will extract. Allow it to run.
10. Choose Install Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook with Offline Access (Advanced). Select Next.
11. Select the radio button, I accept this license agreement. Choose I Accept.
12. Download and Install Required Components. Choose install.
13. Download Components now? Choose Yes.
14. Allow time for the download.....
15. Once Completed, you should see all green check marks. Select Next.
16. Select Installation Location.
17. Let the installation process complete.
18. Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 for Microsoft Office Outlook Setup has been completed. Select Close.
19. Once completed continue on to the configuration.