At this time, the eSureIT client software for Cloud Backup in only support on computers running Microsoft Windows. The software does support the use of mapped drives as long as a windows machine is part of a shared network. The following article contains information on how to map a Macintosh hard Drive to be backed up using Cloud Backup. These instructions assume a Windows and Macintosh computer that are connected to the same network and visible to each other over the network. Please note that these instructions are a general guide only. We are unable to provide networking support for your specific network.
To share files from a Macintosh so they may be accessed by a Microsoft Windows machine, the following steps must be performed:
- Click the Apple icon on the menu bar.
- Click System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences window, click the Sharing icon.
- Within the Sharing window, select File Sharing.
- Select Options and place checks in the Share files and folders using AFP and SMB.
- Check the box(es) next to the account(s) that will be used to connect to the Mac computer from Windows computers, enter the password, and click OK.
- Click Done.
Mapping a Macintosh Folder or Drive to a Windows Machine.
Please Note: These instructions are specific to a system running the Windows 7 Operating System. Steps for Windows OS's will vary.
- From the Start menu, Select Computer.
- Along the top bar, click Map Network Drive.
- Within the Map Network Drive window, you will need to select the drive you wish to have mapped to your network. Select Browse.
- If your Macintosh was successfully added to your Network, it should be listed here. Select the Macintosh computer from the list. You will need to provide the credentials to access the Macintosh machine.
- Once you have accessed the Macintosh, browse to the folder you wish to have mapped or make a new folder.
- Select Finish when completed. The Mapped drive will be located under Computer.