You can add policies in one of two ways, either by creating a new policy or by copying an existing policy as a starting point. Each method is described below. Once you have defined a policy name and given it a description, you can then determine the policy settings as described in . For information on deleting policies, see Editing Policies.
To create a new policy:
- Log in to the management console.
- Click the Policies tab.
- Click the Add button.
- In the Create Policy window, enter a policy name and description of up to 50 alphanumeric characters, then click the Create Policy button.
- Locate your new policy in the Policy tab. Double-click the policy you just created to view and modify the settings.
The settings window for that policy displays, with the Recommended Defaults at the top.
The Setting column displays the name of the policy, in addition to which:
- Settings that apply to PC only are indicated by the Windows icon.
- Settings that apply to PC and Mac are indicated by both the Windows icon and the Mac icon.
The On/Off column displays how the setting is currently implemented on the endpoints.