Adding Web Overrides to Devices
Any device, regardless of its status, can have URLs that have been blocked. Follow this procedure to add a web override to any device.
To add a web override to a device:
- Log in to the management console.
- Click the Groups tab.
- Select the device that has blocked URLs that you want to override.
The Status Panel for the device you selected displays.
- Click the Blocked URLs tab to display the following columns:
- URL — The URL that has been blocked.
- Category — The type of URL that has been blocked. For more information about the categories of websites, see Webroot's Category Descriptions.
- Reputation — The reputation of the URL that has been blocked. For more information about the reputation of websites, see Webroot's Reputation Descriptions.
- User Action — TBD.
- Date — The date the URL first displayed in the list.
- Actions — Displays the Create New Entry window, where you can enter information to create a web override.
- Click the Action icon.
The Create New Entry window displays.
- In the URL column, the URL that is blocked displays. Alternately, you can enter a new URL to apply the web override to.
- From the Global or Site Override drop-down menu, select one of the following to determine whether to create the web override at the management console or Site level:
- GSM Global Web Override
- Site Name
- When you're done, click the Create button.
The system creates the web override.