This article provides steps to convert distribution lists to O365 Groups online through the Exchange Admin Center.
- Sign in to the Office 365 Admin portal with any user having Exchange Administrator or Global Administrator roles. If you do not have any users with those roles, please contact our support team so we may assist you with assigning the roles to the proper users.
- Go to Admin centers > Exchange. (You may need to select Show More to see Admin centers.)
- In the Exchange Admin Center, go to Recipients > Groups. You'll see a notice indicating you have distribution lists (also called distribution groups ) that are eligible to be upgraded to Office 365 groups.
- Select one or more Distribution Lists (also called a Distribution Group) from the groups page.
- Choose the upgrade icon.
- Wait for the distribution lists to converted to O365 Groups.
- Verify that the distribution list has converted by selecting Upgraded DLs from the drop in the same upgrade window.